We are delighted to have achieved ISO 27001 accreditation - the highest global industry standard for data security.
What is ISO 27001?
The International Organization for Standardization (“ISO”) is an independent, non governmental body which develops global standards relating to all aspects of technology. Because they are created by expert consensus, they are trusted by countless governments and regulators.
ISO 27001 is the leading industry standard for information security management. It provides a framework for the way that organisations manage the security of their data assets. In the legal profession, these assets are substantial - from sensitive case records to financial and intellectual property information.
Why is ISO 27001 so important?
ISO 27001 is not a compulsory regulatory requirement. Taking up accreditation means making a deliberate choice to hold your services to a higher standard - it’s certainly no box ticking exercise.
At eBrief Ready, we know that any organisation which handles personal data can be a target for fraud. Simply insuring against security risks isn’t enough - every law firm or Chambers owes a duty of care to its clients to ensure that their systems are secure.
Accreditation allows eBrief Ready to achieve two things:
- Firstly, we bolster our credibility; we are proud to operate a platform which is proactive and compliant with top industry standards.
- Secondly, we reassure our clients that their information is safeguarded.
How do our users benefit?
At a commercial level, this is fantastic news for our users, who can pass on the associated credibility of ISO 27001 to their own clients. In practical terms, all end users of the platform will benefit from eBrief Ready’s compliance with the key security objectives required for certification:
- Confidentiality: Files stored on our platform are authorised access only. We host on Australian servers with enterprise-grade security and encryption - nobody without permission can even get close.
- Availability: Litigation can involve intense time pressures and multiple collaborators. We’ve ensured that files can be accessed by authorised stakeholders at any time, on any device.
- Integrity: One of eBrief Ready’s key advantages is that it allows for digital amendments. However, you have complete control over who can access this function - there is no danger of a client going rogue on your files.
Perhaps the biggest advantage, particularly for new users, is that certification is not a one-off. Because ISO 27001 requires regular auditing, our clients can rest assured that our standards will not only remain consistent, but will keep in step with security challenges as they evolve into the future.